This guide explains how to install the Java Development Tools (JDT) into Studio.
Install the Eclipse Java Development Tools plugin
First, we enable the default software repository and find and install the JDK toolkit.
Enable the Proper Software Repository
- From the menu bar, select the Help > Install New Software...
- Under the top Work with drop-down menu, click the link in the phrase, Find more software by working with the Available Software Sites preferences.
- Enable the Eclipse <Code_Name> Update Site. This name varies with the version of Studio you are using. See the table at the top of this page for more details.
- Click the OK button.
Find and Install the Java Tooling
- Using the Work with drop-down menu, select Eclipse <Code_Name> Update Site. This name varies with the version of Studio you are using. See the table at the top of this page for more details.
- Wait for the package list to be populated.
- Select the Programming Languages / Eclipse Java Development Tools package from the list.
- Click the Next button.
- Click the Next button on the Install Details screen that follows.
- Accept the license agreement.
- Click the Finish button.
- Once the installation is complete, click the Restart Now button.