Testing the Tutorial Sample
Before testing the sample, you need to create user accounts for the application to query. To create Cloud user accounts:
- Log in to Appcelerator Dashboard.
- In Dashboard, select your application from the APIs menu in the upper-left corner.
- In the left navigation bar, click Manage Data.
- Click Users, then the Create User button.
- In the Username field enter the user's username.
- In the Password field enter the new user's password (four-character minimum).
- Click Save Changes.
To create a Cloud user account, you only need a username or e-mail address, and a password.
For more information about managing Cloud user accounts, see Managing UsersOrganizations.
After you have created a few Cloud user accounts, build the sample and launch it on either a device or emulator.
Once the application launches:
- Click on the Picker/Spinner. You should see a list of all the Cloud user accounts you added.
- Select a user account from the Picker/Spinner and enter that user's password. Click the Button. In the log output, you should see an info log that login command was successful or not.
- Go back to the Appcelerator Dashboard.
- In Dashboard, select your application from the Apps menu in the upper-left corner.
- In the left navbar, click Performance, then Handled Exceptions. You should see the "Something happened..." exception in the list.
- In the left navbar, click Search by User. Enter the username of the account that successfully logged in. Click the username. You should see a crash report for the user.
- In the left navbar, select Analytics.
- In the Real Time view, you should see at least one active session.
- In the left navbar, click Events. You should see the "sample.feature.login" feature event.