If you are having issues with the speed of Studio, see here for ways this document provides information you can use to diagnose the problem.
|Table of Contents|
Building Workspace taking longer than expected
- Right-click on a project's folder.
- Select Build > Exclude from build.
Studio is encountering an exception during indexing
If you notice things like
A validator or builder is enabled that is taking a long time to process each file
- Find your workspace directory on disk
- Locate the .metadata folder indside (you may need to show hidden files)
- Delete .metadata/.plugins/com.aptana.index.core/*.index (index file/files for the JS, HTML etc.).
- Delete .metadata/.plugins/com.aptana.editor.php/*.index (index file/files for PHP).
- Restart Studio
If that still does not help...
The There are diagnoses you can perform that will help us understand the issue:
- Turn on Show Normally Hidden Processes: Preferences > Studio > Troubleshooting > Show Normally Hidden Processes
- In the same preference page, turn on the following:
- Debug Level: All
- Debug specific components
- Then, clear the log file: Help > Studio > Clear Log File.
- Restart Studio
Attach your findings to
!ENTRY com.aptana.core 1 0 2012-08-15 14:44:09.007 !MESSAGE (Build 0.0.0.qualifier) [INFO] com.aptana.core/debug/builder Performing incremental unified build on project 'geolocationClient' !ENTRY com.aptana.buildpath.core 1 0 2012-08-15 14:44:09.069 !MESSAGE (Build 0.0.0.qualifier) [INFO] com.aptana.core/debug/builder/participants Executed build participant 'Index Build Participant' on 'file:/Users/ingo/Documents/Aptana%20Workspaces/Aptana%20Studio%203%20Workspace/geolocationClient/LICENSE' in 10.842 ms. ... !ENTRY com.aptana.core 1 0 2012-08-15 14:44:09.556 !MESSAGE (Build 0.0.0.qualifier) [INFO] com.aptana.core/debug/builder Finished unified build of 'geolocationClient'. Took 589.057 ms.
Diagnosing high CPU usage is relatively straightforward, but requires a small amount of setup. However, the information gained here is invaluable to the developers.