- Open Visual Studio
- Select Debug -> Performance Profiler... from Visual Studio menu
- Select Choose Target drop down list and choose target to profile. For instance choose Installed App... for monitoring installed Windows Store app. This tool also supports analyzing target against simulators and remote machine. Please refer to Remote Debugging for more information.
- Choose Memory Usage from Available Tools section, to investigate application memory to find issues such as memory leaks.
- Start monitoring by clicking Start
- When you want to take memory snapshot of the application, push Take snapshot button.
- Then Visual Studio shows native heap and allocation details when you take snapshot and Visual Studio finishes diagnostics session.
For more information about Profiling Tools please refer to Running Profiling Tools With or Without the Debugger.