Titanium Studio 3.2.1
20+ issues resolved. for a complete list, see the release notes section in JIRA.
Titanium Studio 3.2.0
A major release with 300+ improvements and fixes. Here is a summary of the new features:
- Brand new platform installation and configuration wizard
- Asynchronous login to speed up startup time
- Auto-detection of connected devices with a streamlined launch mode interface
- Overhaul of the user interface
- Upgrade from Eclipse 3.7 (Indigo) to 4.3 (Kepler) to support Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)
- Support for creating Github forks
Titanium Studio 3.1.3
20+ tickets addressed. For a complete list, see the release notes section in JIRA.
Titanium Studio 3.1.2
50+ improvement and fixes. For a complete list, see the release notes section in JIRA.
Titanium Studio 2.1.2
40+ improvements and fixes. For a complete list, see the release notes section in JIRA.
Titanium Studio 2.1.1
A selection of fixes to improve the developer experience. For a complete list, see the release notes section in JIRA.
If you wish to keep editing and running desktop projects, you can install the latest set of plugins from http://preview.appcelerator.com/.
Titanium Studio 2.1.0
Titanium Studio 2.1.0 is the first release in several focusing on UI simplicity, ease of use, and speed.
For a complete list, see the release notes section in JIRA.
New simplified perspective
On starting up Titanium Studio, you'll notice a new "Configure" page with several options, the most prominent of which is the "Titanium Studio UI" radio. Switching to "simple" removes a significant amount of clutter from the UI. If you wish to switch back and forth, either return to the dashboard, or choose a new perspective from the area at the upper-right of the screen.
- Hide toolbar: Right-click on Toolbar > Hide.
- Show Toolbar: Window > Show Toolbar
- Show dashboard: Help > Titanium Studio > Show Dashboard
- You can now install Titanium Modules from the help menu much like you can SDKs.
- Speaking of SDKs, there is now the option to download both the current and previously-released SDK versions.
- Created an Android project, and now you want to make it an iPhone project? You can!
- When working with Mobile Web, go to Run Configurations... and you can auto-search for other installed browsers.
- We've also filtered out a lot of style warnings from JSLint.
- Outline view now descends into conditional statements.
HTML, CSS and PHP
- Studio 2.0.2 introduced a bug with slow typing in large files where word wrap was enabled. We've corrected that.
- HTML validation filters have been re-enabled.
Other items of note
- We've re-enabled support for the "dropins" folder.
- Tweaks/Fixes to the Find bar, project/packaging wizards.
- Upgrades to the console view for Android logging
Titanium Studio 2.0.2
A rather significant bug fix release with over 140 items.
For a complete list, see the release notes section in JIRA.
- The find bar now supports multi-line search!
- You can now file bugs and improvements from inside Titanium Studio. Check out Help > Troubleshooting > Titanium Studio > Submit Ticket.... If you don't have a JIRA account, please sign up at http://jira.appcelerator.org
- Scope selectors in Rubles can now use grouping, intersection and union operators
- Studio now references the new platform -clean option where available
- Windows has been upgraded to use Python 2.7
- Local variables inside functions are back again in content assist
- Formatting fixes
- ScriptDoc improvements
HTML and CSS
- Notable speedup in CSS parsing
- CSS and HTML text hovers have been improved with additional information
- HTML snippets will no longer display inside HTML attribute values, unless specifically scoped to do so
- The PHP outline now shows functions inside conditionals
- PHP now supports parent:: autocompletion
Bugs of Note
Titanium Studio 2.0.1
This small release has a few notable changes, in particular, we addressed some speed issues in the JS and CSS editors, and fixed a long-standing issue whereby a user could accidentally delete a file using the "Undo" command.
For a complete list, see the release notes section in JIRA.
Titanium Studio 2.0
Titanium Studio 2.0 includes substantial feature improvements as well as increases in developer productivity. In total, this release contains over 400 features, improvements and fixes. See the Titanium Studio release list, and the Aptana Core release list.
Appcelerator Cloud Services
You can now add cloud services via ACS either from the new project wizard or add it to an existing project. See Appcelerator Cloud Services for more information.
Rather than editing the tiapp.xml directly to add modules, you can now manage those modules directly from within the Titanium Studio GUI. See Using Titanium Modules for details.
XCode 4.3 Support
Titanium Studio now supports Xcode 4.3.
We've now enabled functionality that enables you to get content assist on user-defined functions without needing to save the file first. In addition, we've aded content assist on both hover and in Dynamic Help to give far more information than before about the functions and methods you're using in the Titanium API.
If you create a function in one file, and use it in another, you can now access Open Declaration (also via the F3 key) which will jump you back to the source definition
Validation updates: We now validate the whole project (as opposed to just the current file) as part of the build step, and we'll warn you before launching if the current project has errors. We also won't index or validate any files under the "builds" folder.
Extensible Publishing Platform
Titanium Studio now includes the ability for third-party providers to hook into our publishing workflow. App stores can register within the interface and allow simplified deployment from inside Titanium Studio to an online location. For more information, please see Adding a new Publish Provider.
- A Snippets that provides easy access to the complete list of snippets shipped with Studio, as well as simple ways to filter, preview and edit the list
- A Servers view for stopping, starting and restarting external servers used for preview
Additional Notable Changes
- Studio 2.0 is now built on top of Eclipse 3.7.2
- We've reworked the publishing workflow to make iOS and Android distribution more intuitive. Recently-run configurations will be added to the Run history so you can easily re-run them without needing to configure the wizard once again.
- Emulators and Simulators now support custom launch arguments
- Right-click on a project to open the analytics for that application.
- The console now auto-locks if you scroll away from the bottom
- Work on decreasing the amount of processes during startup and editing to improve the editor experience.
Titanium Studio 1.0.9
A minor release in preparation for a major Titanium Studio 2.0 upgrade. The biggest fix is addressing two issues with Mobile Web project creation, and properly configure the new projects.
Titanium Studio 1.0.8
Projects launched on the iOS simulator and iOS device now correctly use the name of the project from tiapp.xml. However, this may cause a "@ xcode project" error the first time a project is re-run after upgrade. To fix, do Project > Clean on the project in question.
- Addressed issue where multiple launches of the iOS simulator could cause excessive memory consumption.
- Fix where a git push might freeze the IDE.
- Corrected the case where Studio might crash when creating a new mobile project on some versions of Windows.
- Added new default templates and samples to make development easier and quicker.
- Please view the Aptana Core Release Notes (version 3.0.8), for information on additional fixes and features included in this build
TISTUD-923 TISTUD-935 TISTUD-948 TISTUD-965 TISTUD-967 TISTUD-968 TISTUD-977 TISTUD-991 TISTUD-992 TISTUD-996 TISTUD-1004 TISTUD-1009 TISTUD-1016 TISTUD-1017 TISTUD-1018 TISTUD-1025 TISTUD-1027 TISTUD-1029 TISTUD-1033 TISTUD-1034 TISTUD-1045 TISTUD-1060 TISTUD-1091 TISTUD-1095 TISTUD-1113
Titanium Studio 1.0.7 (R2)
Hotfix for a few important issues:
Titanium Studio 1.0.7
A large release with a number of new features and over 400 bug fixes. This release updates Titanium Studio to Aptana Studio core 3.0.7
- Support for Titanium Mobile SDK v1.8, include V8 runtime and debugging.
- A new dashboard. See more information.
- A module wizard. See more information.
- Upgrades to support the forthcoming Titanium Mobile SDK v1.8, including support in the tiapp.xml editor for selecting V8 as a runtime, and V8 debugging.
- Support for the beta version of the Mobile Web platform in Titanium Mobile SDK v1.8.
TISTUD-546 TISTUD-562 TISTUD-639 TISTUD-641 TISTUD-648 TISTUD-676 TISTUD-689 TISTUD-690 TISTUD-691 TISTUD-692 TISTUD-693 TISTUD-712 TISTUD-748 TISTUD-751 TISTUD-767 TISTUD-771 TISTUD-776 TISTUD-801 TISTUD-807 TISTUD-812 TISTUD-825 TISTUD-874 TISTUD-876
TISTUD-368 TISTUD-398 TISTUD-451 TISTUD-453 TISTUD-472 TISTUD-485 TISTUD-498 TISTUD-514 TISTUD-517 TISTUD-523 TISTUD-532 TISTUD-547 TISTUD-556 TISTUD-557 TISTUD-575 TISTUD-585 TISTUD-587 TISTUD-590 TISTUD-616 TISTUD-622 TISTUD-627 TISTUD-631 TISTUD-634 TISTUD-640 TISTUD-669 TISTUD-670 TISTUD-682 TISTUD-683 TISTUD-684 TISTUD-685 TISTUD-688 TISTUD-700 TISTUD-703 TISTUD-704 TISTUD-706 TISTUD-710 TISTUD-716 TISTUD-717 TISTUD-724 TISTUD-725 TISTUD-739 TISTUD-740 TISTUD-741 TISTUD-763 TISTUD-774 TISTUD-778 TISTUD-781 TISTUD-782 TISTUD-784 TISTUD-790 TISTUD-792 TISTUD-793 TISTUD-795 TISTUD-799 TISTUD-802 TISTUD-803 TISTUD-808 TISTUD-813 TISTUD-816 TISTUD-836 TISTUD-840 TISTUD-841 TISTUD-845 TISTUD-846 TISTUD-847 TISTUD-848 TISTUD-850 TISTUD-851 TISTUD-852 TISTUD-853 TISTUD-854 TISTUD-855 TISTUD-856 TISTUD-858 TISTUD-859 TISTUD-860 TISTUD-861 TISTUD-863 TISTUD-864 TISTUD-867 TISTUD-868 TISTUD-873 TISTUD-879 TISTUD-880 TISTUD-881 TISTUD-888 TISTUD-889 TISTUD-890 TISTUD-892
Titanium Studio 1.0.6
A patch release with a number of features and to update Titanium Studio to Aptana Studio core 3.0.6. Some notable changes:
- Proxy settings were not preserved in some cases across launches of Studio
- Performance enhancements to speed up and reduce the frequency of project clean-up and indexing tasks. Projects should no longer auto-clean on startup.
- Fixes for intermittent content assist behavior
- Debugger stability improvements
TISTUD-436 TISTUD-460 TISTUD-470 TISTUD-486 TISTUD-527 TISTUD-539 TISTUD-543 TISTUD-558 TISTUD-560 TISTUD-576 TISTUD-581 TISTUD-588 TISTUD-591 TISTUD-597 TISTUD-603 TISTUD-614 TISTUD-621 TISTUD-626 TISTUD-633 TISTUD-635 TISTUD-642 TISTUD-643 TISTUD-668 TISTUD-673 TISTUD-697 TISTUD-701 TISTUD-708
Titanium Studio 1.0.5
Titanium Studio 1.0.4
A patch release to fix a number of issues, as well as to sync Titanium Studio back up with the Aptana Studio core. Some notable changes:
- Faster loading of Studio and documents, with less memory and processor usage.
- Less indexing of projects.
- An improved content assist typing experience with better ordering of proposals.
- Introductory CoffeeScript support.
- Formatting improvements, in particular the ability to control spaces between items.
- "New From Template" option now allows users to create untitled files.
- Updates to JSLint validation.
- Support for specifying proxy information in the startup splash screen.
TISTUD-53 TISTUD-107 TISTUD-264 TISTUD-287 TISTUD-344 TISTUD-405 TISTUD-420 TISTUD-422 TISTUD-432 TISTUD-443 TISTUD-445 TISTUD-446 TISTUD-456 TISTUD-461 TISTUD-466 TISTUD-468 TISTUD-473 TISTUD-482 TISTUD-484 TISTUD-487 TISTUD-490 TISTUD-496 TISTUD-500 TISTUD-508 TISTUD-511 TISTUD-512 TISTUD-519 TISTUD-520 TISTUD-521 TISTUD-534 TISTUD-542 TISTUD-544 TISTUD-548 TISTUD-549 TISTUD-550 TISTUD-551 TISTUD-552 TISTUD-553 TISTUD-554 TISTUD-559 TISTUD-565 TISTUD-566 TISTUD-594
Titanium Studio 1.0.3
Titanium Studio 1.0.2
This a patch update to fix an issue with the desktop 1.2 release.
Titanium Studio 1.0.1
This a patch update to fix an issue with customers testing Titanium Studio on OS X Lion.
Titanium Studio 1.0
This is the initial release for Titanium Studio. It includes the current 3.0.2 version of Aptana Studio.
These are known issues which currently have a workaround and will be fixed in upcoming releases.
OS X Lion
- Java is not installed by default on the operating system, but OS X 10.7 should prompt you to install it if it's not already available.
- OS X Lion Users may need to reset their Titanium SDK location in preferences as a workaround to be able to correctly install Titanium SDKs: http://jira.appcelerator.org/browse/TISTUD-442
Some notable issues were fixed, including: