This page describes how to import a project that you created in Dreamweaver, HomeSite, or other web development application into Studio.
You can import an existing set of files into Studio by creating a new project and pointing Studio to the home directory for your existing project.
Using the Import Wizard
To import an existing project into Studio:
- From the File menu, select Import... > Existing Folder as New Project.
- In the Directory text field, browse to the folder that contains your Dreamweaver or HomeSite project.
- Name your project.
- Choose the natures for your project. You will want to choose Web in almost every case, plus the type of your project (PHP, Rails, etc)
- Click the Finish button.
Using Promote to Project
Promoting a folder to a project allow you to take any folder on disk and convert it into a project. You will see the project in your workspace, but the files live on disk in the former spot.
- Open the Project Explorer view.
- Expand the local filesystem node to the folder in question.
- Choose Promote to Project.
- Name your project appropriately and click OK.
- Depending on the type of project, you may need to change the "natures" associated with the project. See below.
Changing Project Type
You may also want to change the "type" of your project. See Changing Your Project's "Type"