Studio Log File
Always file a Studio Log when reporting an issue in the bug tracker
The Studio .log file records most application exceptions that occur while you are using the Studio application. The .log file can be helpful to the Studio development team in troubleshooting bugs that you may encounter during normal usage. You can access your log either through the Help menu in Studio or manually through the file system on your computer.
Accessing the Log from Studio/Eclipse
In the Studio-specific submenu under the main Help menu, there is an option View Log File to opens the log file in an editor window, where you can then save to a separate file in order to attach it to a support ticket.
Accessing the Log from the File System
Your current .log file is located in a .metadata folder in your current workspace directory. The following is the path if you are working on the default workspace.
- Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\Aptana Studio 3 Workspace (or Titanium Studio Workspace)\.metadata\.log
- Windows Vista/Windows 7: C:\Users\username\Documents\Aptana Studio 3 Workspace (or Titanium Studio Workspace)\.metadata\.log
- Mac OS X: ~/Documents/Aptana Studio 3 Workspace (or Titanium Studio Workspace)/.metadata/.log
- Linux: ~/Aptana Studio 3 Workspace (or Titanium Studio Workspace)/.metadata/.log
If you get a console error when building a project, the correct log to submit depends on the platform you are building. An example error:
- Inside Studio, open the Project Explorer view
- Click the small down arrow in the upper-right-corner of the view
- Select Customize View
- Scroll down to the bottom of the Filters tab and uncheck Titanium Build Folders
You can now see the "build folder" inside your Titanium projects
- Expand the build/iphone/build folder
- Attach the build.log file, and the output from the console.
Once you have found the log file, you can reverse the above steps to hide the build folders once again.
Android, BlackBerry, other platforms
Submit the output from the console.