Studio is easy to update. It will prompt you automatically on launch if there is a new update, or you can check manually by selecting Help > Check for Titanium Updates or Help > Check for Appcelerator Updates.
Studio also has an active release cycle with updates on a regular basis. If you wish, you can subscribe to pre-release versions of the software. They will have more features, but also the possibility of bugs. We encourage you to use these versions as they help shape the direction of the product though your early feedback.
There are three update types:
- Stable releases are those with the most testing, and the same as you would download from the website.
- Beta releases are those with some testing, and are in preparation to be released relatively soon.
- Nightly updates are bleeding-edge releases. This is straight from the developer server. As such, you will see new features first, but there is the possibility of blocker bugs or file corruption. Use at your own risk.
- Installing a Plugin
- Updating the Current Version
- Determining the Installed Version
- Changing the Update Type
- Reverting to a Previous Version
- Uninstalling Studio
- Changing the VM
- Setting Memory Levels
- Migrating from Aptana Studio 2 to Aptana Studio 3
- Changing the Studio UI into a Different Language
- Modifying Your Configuration