Welcome to the Appcelerator Platform! The Appcelerator Platform helps you develop cross-platform mobile applications using the Titanium SDK, Alloy, Appcelerator Studio and the Appcelerator CLI, then lets you manage the entire lifecycle of the application with debugging, testing, deploying, crash monitoring and analytic data collection.
This guide introduces the Appcelerator Platform and walks through the steps of setting up Appcelerator Studio, downloading and installing the necessary Titanium and third-party SDKs and tools, and creating a simple project.
If you are developing native Android application with Java or native iOS application with Objective-C, see the AMPLIFY Appcelerator Services Native SDKs to get started with integrating Appcelerator Platform services with your application.
The Appcelerator Platform consists of several components:
- Axway Appcelerator Studio and Appcelerator CLI: tools to create and develop your mobile and cloud applications.
- Alloy Framework and the Titanium SDK: an MVC framework and cross-platform SDK to help you rapidly develop mobile applications from a single code base.
- Axway API Builder: an opinionated framework to build and deploy APIs to the cloud that can be consumed by multiple clients.
- Appcelerator Dashboard: a web portal used to monitor your application's heath and usage. This dashboard is aimed for technical users.
- AMPLIFY Appcelerator Services: set of features that includes free analytics services, and the performance management and automated testing services, which require an Enterprise subscription.
To start using the Appcelerator Platform, you need an account to log in to the Appcelerator Dashboard and Appcelerator Studio.
- If you want to try the Appcelerator Platform for free, sign up for an Appcelerator Platform account.
- If you are part of an Appcelerator Organization, your organization's Appcelerator Platform administrator sends an invitation to you to log in to the Appcelerator Dashboard and create an account.
- If you are an administrator, see Managing Organizations for more information about adding users to your organization's Appcelerator Platform and provisioning them either Dashboard access.