The User Menu allows you to manage your account and organization. To access the User Menu, click your profile name.
You will see your assigned role and the following links:
- Account - View and manage your account information.
- Organization - View and manage your organization.
- Switch Org (for accounts with multiple organizations) - Select to switch to another organization.
- Sign out - Select to sign out of your account.
Account left navigation
To manage your account information, select Account from the User menu. The left navigation includes the following tabs:
- Orgs & Roles
Selecting Account from the left navigation opens the Account page.
The Account Information page includes the following account information:
- First Name - Verify and edit the first name on your account.
- Last Name - Verify and edit the last name on your account.
- Email - Lists your email address.
- Phone Number - Verify your phone number. Refer to Verify your phone number.
- Timezone - Your selected time zone. Click the Edit Account button to choose a different time zone.
- Joined - Lists when you joined the listed organization.
- Last Updated - Provides the date and time you last updated your user account information.
Click the Members link at the top of the User Account page to be taken to the Members page. Refer to Managing organization members in Managing Organizations.
To edit your account details, click the Edit Account button.
Clicking the Edit Account button enables the editing of the First Name and Last Name fields. It also enables the Phone Number field and the verification of the entered phone number. For additional instructions on verifying your phone number, refer to Verify your phone number. Clicking on the Edit Account button also enables the Timezone dropdown menu. Once you have finished editing your user account information, click the Save button.
Verify your phone number
Verifying your phone number is optional but highly recommended for increased security with multi-factor authentication. It must be SMS-capable and will be used to receive activation codes. Standard text-messaging rates apply. Format: [+][country code] [number including area code]
To verify your phone number:
- Complete the Phone Number field. The phone number should be entered as digits only.
- Click the Verify button. When the Verify button is clicked, Dashboard sends a phone verification code to the phone number entered in the Phone Number field, and the Verification Code field is displayed. If you do not receive a verification code, click Resend.
- Enter the received verification code in the Verification Code field. If you have not received a verification code, click the Resend button.
Once a valid verification code is entered, Dashboard will process the verification and update the verification status of the phone number.
View organizations and roles
The Orgs & Roles link lists the organizations you are a member of by org name and assigned roles. To view organization details, click on a selected Org Name link.
The Credentials link enables you to change your account password and to enable or disable multi-factor authentication.
Change your password
To change your password:
- Select the Credentials link.
- Enter a new password in the Change Password field. The password should be at least eight characters. As you enter a new password in the Change Password field, the Confirm Password field is displayed.
- Confirm the new password in the Confirm Password field. The entry in the Confirm Password field must be the same as the entry in the Password field.
- Select the Force Logout checkbox to force the log out of any current sessions.
- Click the Save button. The password changes are saved, and the Dashboard sends an Account Information Changed notification email.
Manage multi-factor authentication
Enable multi-factor authentication for increased security with authentication verification by email, SMS, or an authenticator app.
To enable multi-factor authentication:
- Select the Credentials tab.
- Select the Multi-Factor Authentication Enabled checkbox to enable multi-factor authentication.
- Select the default method a multi-factor authentication token will be generated for when logging in from a new device, SMS or Email, in the Preferred MFA Method drop down.
- Optionally, configure multi-factor authentication using an authenticator app..
- Click Save.
Once the Enabled checkbox is selected and the account saved, multi-factor authentication will be enabled, and a notification email will be sent.
To disable multi-factor authentication:
- Select the Credentials tab.
- Deselect the Multi-Factor Authentication Enabled checkbox.
- Click Save.
Once the Enabled checkbox is deselected and the account saved, multi-factor authentication will be disabled, and the multi-factor authentication is disabled notification email will be sent.
The Settings tab enables you to manage your organization account settings. You can select your organization account theme (Light, Dark, or Match OS), expand or minimize side-bar menus, enable or disable demo data, and select your org login rule.
Select the org login rule
If you are a member or owner of multiple accounts, to configure the login path and organization to log in to, select one of the following options from the Org Login Rule dropdown menu:
- Use Last logged in Org - The last account logged in to will be logged in to on the next login.
- Use Default Org - The default account will be logged in to on every login.
- Always ask for Org - You will be queried for which account to log in.
To view details of a listed organization, click on the organization name and refer to Managing Organizations.
For information on managing organizations, refer to Managing Organizations.
For information on managing organization members, refer to Managing Organizations.