Access control lists let you control read and write access to Mobile Backend Services (MBS) objects. Read permission includes the ability to show, query and search MBS objects. Write permission includes the ability to update and delete MBS objects. An Access Control List (ACL) consists of the following:
- A public read flag granting read permission to all users, or a list of users granted read permission
A public write flag granting write permission to all users, or a list of users granted write permission
An object's owner always has read and write permission.
Creating, editing and deleting ACLs
To create an ACL:
- On the main Manage Data screen, click Access Control.
- Click Create Access Control to open the ACL creation form
- In the Name field enter a name of the ACL.
In the Creator field, click the + (plus) button and select the object's owner from the list of application Users.
- In the Public Read field, do one of the following:
- Select Yes to allow read access for all users.
- Select No and click + to select users who should have read access (as shown below).
- Similarly, in the Public Write field, do one of the following:
- Select Yes to allow write access for all users.
- Select No and click + to select users who should have write access.
- Click Save Changes.