Appcelerator, Titanium and Aptana Studio are based on the Eclipse platform and you can either install Studio as a standalone application or, if you already have Eclipse installed, you can add Studio as a plugin to your Eclipse installation.
If your work is primarily web application development, we recommend installing the standalone Aptana Studio; if your work also involves Java development, we recommend installing Aptana Studio as an Eclipse plugin.
If you are doing Titanium development, you will want to install either Appcelerator or Titanium Studio.
Is your computer ready? Studio System Requirements
Have an older version of Studio installed? Updating your version of Studio
- Plugging Studio into an existing Eclipse configuration
- Troubleshooting a Studio Install on Linux
- Downloading and Installing Studio
- Using Studio From Behind a Proxy
- Studio Feature Comparison
- Installing the Android Development Tools
- Installing the Java Development Tools
- Adding PHP, Ruby or Python Support
- Aptana Core Release Notes
- Titanium Studio Release Notes
- Studio Release Notes