This guide provides how-to instructions for getting started with Mobile Backend Services (MBS) datasources.
Creating a datasource
To create a standalone Mobile Backend Services datasource (an MBS datasource not tied to a specific client application):
- Log into the AMPLIFY Platform.
- Select Dashboard on the Dashboard tile.
- Click the Add menu (+) in the top navigation bar.
- Select Create Mobile Backend Services Datasource.
- Enter the Name for the datasource.
- If you have multiple environments, select the environments to enable for the datasource.
- Assign teams to the application by selecting the + icons from the Assign Teams list.
- Click Create. Dashboard will redirect you to the Overview tab for the new MBS datasource.
For additional information on managing MBS datasources, refer to Managing Mobile Backend Services Datasources.
Creating a user
To create a user for the new MBS datasource:
- Select the Manage Data tab.
- From the Environment dropdown, select either Development or Production.
- Select Users from the Manage Data Objects list.
Click + User. The User view is displayed
At a minimum, enter the Username, Email, and Password.
For additional information on managing MBS data objects, refer to Managing Mobile Backend Services data objects.
Retrieving the app key
To retrieve the App Key for the new MBS datasource:
- Select the Configuration tab.
- Select the Keys tab.
Click Show to display the App Key.
- Click Hide to hide the App Key.