Changing the Update Type
- Select Preferences:
- On Windows, Preferences is found under the Window menu.
- On Mac, Preferences is found under the Aptana Studio 3/Titanium Studio (or Eclipse on Eclipse) menu.
- In Preferences, expand the Install/Update arrow and select Available Software Sites.
- Click the Add button, and one of the sites below to get the particular update stream. Name it something similar to "Studio XYZ Updates":
- Save your changes, and exit the preferences dialog.
- Go to the Help menu, and select Check for Titanium Updates or Check for Appcelerator Updates. A dialog will appear once a new update is detected, and you could then follow the instructions to download the update.
- Stable releases are those with the most testing, and the same as you would download from the website.
- Beta releases are those with some testing, and are in preparation to be released relatively soon.
- Nightly updates are bleeding-edge releases. This is straight from the developer server. As such, you will see new features first, but there is the possibility of blocker bugs or file corruption. Use at your own risk.
Titanium Studio Standalone
Use these URLs if you are using Titanium Studio as a stand-alone product. Paste them into the dialog as directed above.
- Titanium Studio Release Candidate Updates: http://preview.appcelerator.com/appcelerator/studio/standalone/update/rc/
- Titanium Studio Beta Updates: http://preview.appcelerator.com/appcelerator/studio/standalone/update/beta/
- Titanium Studio Nightly Updates: http://preview.appcelerator.com/appcelerator/studio/standalone/update/nightly/
Aptana Studio Standalone
Use these URLs if you are using Aptana Studio as a stand-alone product. Paste them into the dialog as directed above.
- Aptana Studio Beta Updates: http://preview.appcelerator.com/aptana/studio3/standalone/update/beta/
- Aptana Studio Nightly Updates: http://preview.appcelerator.com/aptana/studio3/standalone/update/nightly/
Aptana Studio Eclipse Plugin
Use these URLs if you are using Aptana Studio as a plugin into Eclipse. Paste them into the dialog as directed above.
- Aptana Studio Beta Updates: http://preview.appcelerator.com/aptana/studio3/plugin/update/beta/
- Aptana Studio Nightly Updates: http://preview.appcelerator.com/aptana/studio3/plugin/update/nightly/
Visit http://preview.appcelerator.com to find the most current links.