This page discusses how to switch the Aptana Studio interface to a different langauge, such as Japanese or Chinese
You can change the language of the user interface to a different language than what your operating system uses by default. Follow the instructions below to change the language of the UI. Note that while a reasonable percentage of the core UI may be translated, items like Titanium-specific features have not, so they will appear in English.
- Find the relevant update site for your version of Eclipse. For Studio standalone, use the "Indigo" version: http://www.eclipse.org/babel/downloads.php
- Add the update site, as specified by Installing a Plugin
- Expand the node for the language you are interested in, and click the "eclipse" item
- Continue on through the wizard. Make sure you change your language settings as noted below.
Setting Your Language
You can do either of the following to change the language of your user interface:
- Change your language of your operating system, or
- Change your application configuration options.
- Follow the instructions here: Adding Command-Line Options
Add the option (see below for language options):
- Save and close, and restart Studio
Studio recognizes the following language abbreviations, though most won't actually have translations available: http://download.oracle.com/javase/1.5.0/docs/guide/intl/locale.doc.html#util-text
if you'd like to help with translation, join the Eclipse Babel project.