At a Glance
Axway API Builder is an opinionated framework to build and deploy applications to the cloud.
API Builder lets you build and deploy API endpoints that can be consumed by any client application. API Builder applications are made up of several components:
- API Builder APIs can be defined in two ways:
- Configuration: Defined as Swagger 2.0 document. These are files which describe and document RESTful APIs which are composed of one or more endpoints.
- API Builder Blocks are filters that allow you to pre- or post-process data
- API Builder Codeblocks are flow-nodes which can be used within Flows to implement advanced business logic not possible through the configuration of supplied flow-nodes alone
- API Builder Connectors are adapters that allow you read and write data to and from an external data source, such as Mobile Backend Services, MySQL, Salesforce, and MongoDB, or in server memory
- API Builder Endpoints are endpoints as described by a configuration-based API
- API Builder Flows are graphs of pre-defined flow-nodes which are used to implement the business logic of an endpoint
- API Builder Models are structured data with predefined API endpoints to access them
API Runtime Services
API Runtime Services hosts applications, built with API Builder, and Appcelerator pre-built services, which includes the Mobile Backend Services.
- Mobile Backend Services (formerly known as ArrowDB) provides pre-built REST objects, such as Users or Photos. Mobile Backend Services can be integrated with your Titanium, Node.js, Android, or iOS application.
- Mobile Backend Services provides the ability to send push notifications to Android and iOS devices subscribed to push channels. Mobile Backend Services can be integrated with your Titanium, Android or iOS application.