At a Glance
Axway API Builder is an opinionated framework to build and deploy applications to the cloud.
API Builder lets you build and deploy API endpoints that can be consumed by any client application. API Builder applications are made up of several components:
- API Builder APIs are custom endpoints that allow you to access and execute custom operations on data.
- API Builder Blocks are filters that allow you to pre- or post-process data.
- API Builder Connectors are adaptors to allow you read and write data to and from an external data source, such as ArrowDB, MySQL, Salesforce, and MongoDB, or in server memory.
- API Builder Models are structured data with predefined API endpoints to access them.
- API Builder Web is a framework to create endpoints that render UI for HTML applications.
API Runtime Services
API Runtime Services hosts applications, built with API Builder, and Appcelerator pre-built services, which includes the ArrowDB and push notification services.
- ArrowDB (formerly known as Appcelerator Cloud Services) provides pre-built REST objects, such as Users or Photos. ArrowDB can be integrated with your Titanium, Node.js, Android or iOS application.
- Arrow Push (another former component of Appcelerator Cloud Services) provides the ability to send push notifications to Android and iOS devices subscribed to push channels. Arrow Push can be integrated with your Titanium, Android or iOS application.