Welcome to the Appcelerator Platform! The Appcelerator Platform extends Appcelerator's Titanium platform to help you manage the entire lifecycle of the application with debugging, testing, deployment, crash monitoring and analytic data collection. The Appcelerator Platform works with cross-platform, native applications built with Alloy and the Titanium SDK, Android applications built with Java and the Android APIs, and iOS applications built with Objective-C and the iOS APIs.
At a Glance
Build Applications with Appcelerator Studio
Use Appcelerator Studio to build cross-platform, native applications using Alloy and the Titanium SDK. With Appcelerator Studio, you can:
- Easily add Appcelerator Services to the application (Appcelerator Analytics, Cloud, Performance and Test)
- Prototype the application UI with LiveView
Once your application is ready to be released, use Studio to publish the application to Google Play, iTunes Store or even to Enterprise Storefronts, such as Mobile Iron's Enterprise App Storefront.
Create Custom Cloud Applications with API Builder
Use API Builder to build and deploy custom API endpoints that can be consumed by any client application. Developers can quickly and easily create mobile-optimized APIs that manage data from multiple data sources, such as SAP, Salesforce.com, Oracle, Sharepoint and others.
Relevant Chapters: Axway API Builder
Integrate Appcelerator Services with the Application
Appcelerator Services are a set of features that include:
- Mobile Backend Services: Mobile backend-as-a-service solution providing commonly used features, such as user management, push notification, integration with social networks and cloud storage.
- Appcelerator Test: Integrated automated functional testing for your application allowing developers and testers to collaborate on recording tests directly on the mobile device, executing tests and analyzing the results.
- Appcelerator Performance: Monitor your application's health, crashes and overall performance to help developers diagnose why applications crash and focus on specific issues based on user feedback.
- Appcelerator Analytics: Track your applications' user adoption and engagement to help understand how your application is used, which features are not used and decide what will go in the next version of your application.
For Titanium applications, activate the services using Appcelerator Studio, which enables basic analytics and performance data collection. For advanced features, you need to add Titanium API calls to the application.
For native Android applications built with Java and iOS applications built with Objective-C, use the Dashboard to activate Appcelerator Services and the Appcelerator Platform Services Native SDKs to integrate the services with the application.
Manage Applications with Dashboard
Once you have integrated Appcelerator Services, use the Appcelerator Dashboard to manage your application, including managing cloud data, using Appcelerator Test services, and creating event funnels.
Relevant Chapters: Appcelerator Dashboard
View Metrics in Dashboard or Insights
Once you have your application setup to use Appcelerator Services, use either the Appcelerator Dashboard website or Insights mobile application to monitor your application and view metrics about it. The Appcelerator Dashboard lets you view and diagnose your mobile application's heath and usage statistics. The Dashboard provides a lot of technical data about your application. The Appcelerator Insights application lets you track user acquisition, engagement, retention and quality metrics for your mobile apps.