If you wish a user to have additional control over their environment, you can implement properties to modify the application's behavior from the command line or configuration files.
- Reference Adding Command-Line Options. These are all considered VM arguments.
- A full list of default Eclipse properties may be found here.
Creating a New Property
- Create a new Interface of the form I*SystemProperties, where * is derived from the name of the plugin. See here for naming conventions
- Create a new string for the system property. Note the following naming convention:
- titanium.camelCasedString for items in the Titanium set of plugins
- studio.camelCasedName for items that affect the Aptana set of plugins
- Use EclipseUtils.isSystemPropertyEnabled() and EclipseUtils.getSystemProperty() to check if the specified option is defined, or the value in question