API Builder Tools 3.1.0 - 22 February 2018
API Builder Tools 3.1.0 is a minor release that includes new features, improvements, and bug fixes.
- Added the ability to validate generated flows using the Axway Flow SDK
- Implemented selector auto-complete when creating and editing flows in the API Builder UI
- Previously, the initial project created by the
appc newcommand contained unnecessary dependencies. Now, the initial project created by
appc newcommand has been updated to remove unnecessary dependencies and to provide extra examples on how to test endpoints and models. Additionally, the
gruntcommand is no longer used for the build. The
npm testcommand is used instead. Also, the
example.mdweb route has been removed.
- Previously, when editing flows, it was not possible to see previously used and available selectors. Now, when editing a selector any previously used selector, or any available selector is displayed in a context-assisted drop-down menu that shows the selector or selectors that match the input text.
- Previously, the
axway-flow-sdkwould generate projects that required transpiling with babel before they could be used. Now, the generated projects do not require transpiling; so the babel dependency has been removed, but the generated projects require a Node.js version equal to or greater than 8.9.x instead.
- Previously, the API SDK generator was used to generate software development kits based on integrated SDK templates. Now, the API Builder SDK generator has been deprecated and the API Builder application exposes its APIs definitions using a standard Swagger format. These API definition can be consumed by third party SDK generators to create clients.
- Previously, the API SDK generator was used to generate software development kits based on integrated SDK templates. Now, the API Builder SDK generator has been deprecated and the API Builder application exposes its APIs definitions using a standard Swagger format. These API definitions can be consumed by third-party SDK generators to create clients.
- Previously, attempting to develop flow-nodes locally in the
./nodesdirectory would cause API Builder to also attempt to read the
node_modulesfolder and cause the application to crash. Now, locally developed flow-node dependencies in the
./nodes/node_modulesfolder will be ignored and any flow-node dependency that is required, must be added and resolved via the the API Builder application's
- Previously, API Builder would not handle JSON schema references on startup and could generate invalid Swagger definitions that were missing the global schema references. Now, API Builder will load and handle the JSON schema references as expected.
- Previously, the
appc generatecommand would generate excessive logging. Now, the command has been reduced to avoid excessive logging. If required, the logging level can be increased with the
appc generate -ldebug option.