AMPLIFY Platform sign-up
To sign up for access to AMPLIFY Platform and to create an AMPLIFY Platform account:
- To proceed with creating a new AMPLIFY Platform account, click TRY NOW. Clicking TRY NOW will forward you to the AMPLIFY Platform Sign Up page.
- Enter your email address in the Email field. You may alternatively create an account using your GitHub account information.
In the Region drop down, select the United States or Europe region.
- Once you have entered your email address, click Sign up with email. Clicking Sign up with email will forward you to the Check your email page.
- Check your email. You should have an email similar to the following in your inbox.
- Click Active your Account. Clicking Active your Account will forward you to the Activate Account page.
- Enter your first name, last name, password, and confirm your password to continue your account activation.
Optionally, enter your SMS-enabled phone number and click Verify. When you click Verify, a text with a verification code is sent to your phone.
- Enter the verification code in the Verification Code field, and then click Verify. You will receive a SMS message with a verification code. Once you enter the verification code, your SMS-enabled phone number will be verified.
Select one or more provided options, and then click Continue to the AMPLIFY Platform. You are forwarded to the Change Organization Name page.
- Use the default organization name or change it to another name, and then click Continue. Clicking Continue will forward you to the AMPLIFY Platform home page. What you see on the home page depends on what you selected on the I'm interested in... page. For an overview of the AMPLIFY Platform, refer to the AMPLIFY Platform Overview.
AMPLIFY Platform US and EU availability, data privacy, and data residency
The AMPLIFY Platform and services are available in the United States (US) or Europe (EU) region. For cloud-based AMPLIFY Platform the data is stored as follows:
- Business essential data is centrally stored:
- Authentication data (users, organizations, and teams)
- Configuration data (Application metadata)
- Subscription usage data (for billing purposes)
- Runtime data is regionally stored:
- Transactional and analytical data
- Audit data
- Telemetry data
- Log information
- Application integration data
Users belonging to a United States or Europe organization will be able to keep their application data in the United States or Europe region to comply with their data privacy laws, such as the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) for United States California residents and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) for European residents.